Monday, November 9, 2009

My Scene Music Mixes (UPDATED! COMPLETE!)

Okay, so this is gonna seem really, really lame, but I'm like the most nostalgic person ever, so I don't care.

Back in... 2002? 2003? Anyway, around then, the My Scene Barbie dolls were really, really popular. Anyway, my best friend and I (she was a girl) had some (yes, I had some; you don't understand, I grew up in a neighborhood with only girls), and at one point they came with a CD. My best friend and I had 3 of the 4 and used to listen to them like crazy.

When I moved, I somehow ended up with only one of them, and just kind of forgot about it.

Then, one day, I got this crazy random urge to hear them again. I was probably feeling... nostalgic. Shocker.

So, I tried to look them up, and... nada. It's like they were never in existence! I reserached SO hard and finally (FINALLY) found the tracklists for the three we had. So, I bought all the songs (EVEN THE ONES I DIDN'T LIKE!) off of iTunes. I have em now. :) And I love the songs in their own right, they're great songs. Plus, I have all the memories of them. It's a double win.

All the songs were clean cause it was a children's toy, so I don't have those versions, but, eh. No big.

Anyway, here's the tracklisting. In case I ever need to see it again or if anyone like me is looking for it. Otherwise you're gonna have to piece it together, annoyingly. I recently also came across the Barbie list from an eBay listing (special shout out and THANKS to member "warmster"). Also, if anyone has any of the covers, let me know :)

Chelsea's Mix
1) Cherry Lips (Go Baby Go!) by Garbage (clean)
2) Head on Straight by Tonic
3) Just Can't Wait by Stroke 9
4) Best of Me by The Starting Line
5) Just When You're Leaving by Joanna Pacitti (alternate version)

Nolee's Mix
1) Soak Up the Sun by Sheryl Crow
2) Holiday in My Head by Smash Mouth
3) Big Yellow Taxi by Counting Crows (alternate version without Vanessa Carlton)
4) Chemistry by Semisonic
5) Intentions by Pseudopod

Madison's Mix
1) Take a Picture by Mya
2) Floorfiller by A*Teens
3) I'm A Be Alright by Thicke
4) AM to PM by Christina Milian
5) Gotta Get Thru This by Daniel Bedingfield
6) Ghetto Superstar by Corey

Barbie's Mix
1) Request + Line by the Black Eyed Peas
2) Dy-Na-Mi-Tee by Ms. Dynamite
3) We Are the Ones by Shaggy
4) Play Like Us by Lil' Romeo
5) Thank You by Ashanti

:) I hope this helps someone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thankszz soooooo muchhhh i been lookin for it for a min . i had dha dollsz nd lost da cd`sz .

thanksz hun

xoxo jazzie

sailorzeo said...

Thank you! This was driving me nuts the other day. I actually still have the Nolee and Chelsea discs. Looking at the picture on the back, I'm pretty sure I had the Barbie as well, but I can't find her disc. If you're still interested, I can scan the cd sleeves this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Yes thank you so much/ My daughter had the Nolee disc and I always loved it. I have been wanting to know the track listing for several years now and couldn't find this anywhere.