Friday, August 5, 2011

Vacancy.com

Don't you love it when the world seems to come together perfectly for you? That just happened for me! I'm preparing to leave for UCF in Orlando in about a month to begin my freshman year of college, and a part of those preparations is finding a place to live. After searching around the internet, I found a website, www.vacancy.com, that had a pretty wide selection of apartments available in the area. It looked like it was going to be a breeze to find a place to stay!

At the same time, I've been searching for scholarships to help pay for my school and the apartment I'm hoping to get. I happened to stumble up fastweb.com, which had a lot of scholarship opportunities that I've looked into. While looking around on the site, I found a scholarship FOR VACANCY.COM! Isn't that crazy? The same site I'd been looking on already for a place to live was offering a scholarship! To apply for the scholarship, I had to write an essay about why my favorite apartment on vacancy.com was the ideal apartment for me... easy! Here ya go:

My favorite apartment that I've found is in the Resort at Lake Fredrica, and it's just beautiful. The link to it is here: http://www.vacancy.com/florida/orlando-apartments/resort-at-lake-fredrica/amenities/, although I'm reluctant to share the link because I don't want anyone else to get it! Ha ha ha. It's a 3 bedroom / 2 bathroom apartment, which would mean I'd have the chance to live with both of my best friends, Randy and Alex, and we'd be able to split the rent between us, making it really affordable. In addition to the beautiful location, the actual apartment would make adjusting to Orlando life really easy for me and my friends because it includes all the basic amenities, including a refrigerator, microwave, oven, dishwasher, washer, and dryer. I'm not quite used to having to do my own laundry, but having the appliances right in my apartment would make it a lot easier than going to the local pay machines to wash my clothes.

In addition, the apartment offers access to the resort's volleyball court, which would give me and my best friends an opportunity to continue playing volleyball. Although having a volleyball court wasn't a necessity, it definitely is a plus because my friends and I have been playing volleyball recreationally for as long as I can remember, so it's exciting to think a court would be so close for us. Also on the resort grounds are two pools (two! how cool is that?!), a spa and hot tub, a 24 hour fitness center, and a clubhouse. Staying at the Resort at Lake Fredrica would help reduce the amount we currently spend going out to the movies and stuff because it offers us the opportunity to stay home and still have a lot of fun swimming, working out, playing volleyball, or just hanging out in the club house. Definitely can't do all that just staying home here in Land O' Lakes, ha ha ha.

The website listing makes it seem like this is pretty much my dream apartment, and I'm really excited to go check it out for myself in person with Alex and Randy. If you're in the area starting in August, be sure to hit me up and come visit me, Randy, and Alex at the Resort at Lake Fredrica! Thanks to www.vacancy.com (which I would definitely recommend if you're looking for a place to live) and www.fastweb.com (which really does have a lot of great scholarships!).

Talk to y'all later!

No comments: